Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Perfectly Lonely

So there's this new song out by John Mayer entitled "Perfectly Lonely".
To sum it up its about being content in his single-ness.
"I don't belong to anyone, and nobody belongs to me..."
So I feel like I can relate to him at this moment,
everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows about his love life,
his not-so-good rep. and his heart-breaker attitude.
And coincidentally I find myself in the same situation...
only my life isn't broadcast on national television, but still
I'm right there with ya John!
I have this reputation for getting the attention of....
unavailable guys;
though its not entirely my fault,
I still get crap about it.
Now the past "unavailables" are currently some of my very best friends,
if not the best.
Yet my rep. remains intact,
though I haven't dated anyone,
or even considered dating anyone since early February.
And like John I've been perfectly happy in my loneliness.
Until last week, and though contrary to my previous "type",
he's very much available.
And very much aware of "the rep".
Sounds like some sort of plauge huh?
It kinda feel like a plauge too...
I can't help but feel that having people know about the person I used to be,
influences who they think I am today.
In fact I'm sure it does.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a do-over button?
I'd even settle for a rewind, pause then re-write button....
guess thats really just a do-over, huh?
Anyways I'm not sure how to fix this,
because I don't have a do-over button
and I'm stuck.
This is the most level-headed I've been about a guy in...oh...
EVER.
I always rush things,
but I don't want to do that this time.
Man why does trying to find the "right one"
gotta be so dang complicated?!
Sorry John, but as of this weekend you're on your own,
I'm not so happy in my loneliness.
But good luck on stayin Perfectly Lonely!
Guess this means I'm on my own too.
I could use some luck right about now too...

No comments:

Post a Comment