Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Going home

So I moved out here in April for no reason other than that I felt I was supposed to be here, and now 7 months later I feel like come December I'm allowed to go home. While this feeling has allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief I'm left wondering why I came here in the first place. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. Nothing happened. Nothing worth mentioning anyway. I made friends, lost friends, worked, lived, played, dated, made some bad choices...made a few good choices; but I don't feel like much was accomplished. So why is it that I'm allowed to go home? It doesn't make any sense to me. I'm sure God has a plan, I have faith that this is part of His plan, I just wish He'd give me a bigger heads up on what the heck I'm supposed to be doing. And why now? Life is the best its been since I came to Provo. I have the best group of friends, I'm active in church, I'm preparing for my mission, things finally came together and now I get to go home? What am I missing here? On the other hand I have about 2 months left...so maybe by then I'll know. Guess I'll just wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Sis, you've learned SO much in the past 6 months. Much more than you woulda learned had you stayed here. Don't let the lessons you've learned there be lost on you. It all adds up together and COUNTS. Being out in the world--even in Provo--is alot of work and you've found that out on your own. These experiences will help you have a wonderful mission and be a good companion too. It all counts. Every bit.

    ReplyDelete