Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do it today. Say it today. LIVE. TODAY.

So I was thinking today
And I've been told I think too much
and I'm sure I do.
On any account I was thinking today.
I was thinking about what I'd do or say
if today was my last.
Now I can't say that I hide what I feel
or think generally.
But I decided that there had to be
a few things at least
that I'd want to do,
or want to say.
After thinking about this for a good while
I decided that if today was my last day
I'd be ok with it.
My family knows that I love them.
My friends know that I care.
I've left journals behind.
I've been honest.
I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know where I'm headed when this life is over.
I've not always been my best,
I've made more mistakes than I can count,
But I tried.
I tried to be my best.
I've said what I've needed to say,
asked questions I've needed answers to,
and can say with confidence
that I've lived a good life.
Then I realized how lucky I am
that today is not my last...
at least in this moment.
I'm still alive and feel that I will be
for some time.
I have the opportunity,
chance,
choice,
to make every day I'm given
COUNT.
My life is worth living.
I have so much more to do.
And still so much more to say.
Things I don't even know about.
And people I've yet to meet.
Experiences.
Challenges.
Blessings.
Heartaches.
Happiness.
I've got so much life to live.
How glad I am
that today is not my last.
What would you do if you only had one day left?
What would you say?
Are there amends to make?
Love to profess?
Challenges to accept?
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today, for you will find that you end up with alot of empty yesterdays."


No comments:

Post a Comment