Friday, November 5, 2010

What I'd say if you were here- confessions, apologies, and thank you's

1. We're 20, remember when we talked about all the things we'd be doin when we were 20; how we'd be doing them together? Remember when we said we'd always be best friends? Remember? I do. I miss you. I'm so mad at you for all the crap you've put me-us through in the past two years, I don't even know how to talk to you anymore. But so often I'll be driving on I-25 and just be tempted to keep going till I get to Tejon, to get to your moms house. So often I just want to talk to you, to stay up way too late eating Reeses Puffs, drinking chocolate milk and talking while some movie that we both "really wanted to see!" plays in the backround. I miss laughing with you, I miss crying with you, I miss taking stupid pictures of ourselves, I miss seeing you at church, I miss hearing your testimony, I miss your taste in music, I miss our inside jokes, I miss you. I miss YOU.

2. I'm combining you two cause I have the same things to say to both of you, you guys save me, everyday. I can't even comprehend not being as close to you guys as I am. I'm sure I'd fall apart. You guys get me. You can read me better than an open book. And more often than not you know what I'm feeling before I even get two words out. I'm so grateful to be sealed to you two for time and eternity. I'm blessed to be related to the both of you and love you more than words can describe. Thank you. Dani thank you for calling to check in on me, thank you for meeting me half-way, thank you for being there when I need you most, thank you for being there when I screw up and for rejoicing most when I come back. Thank you for being my best friend. And Mom, thank you for staying up to talk to me, even when we've had the same conversation about the same boy/job/friend/situation a hundred other times that week. Thanks for supporting me. Thank you for trusting me. Thank you for not giving up on me, and for not killing me when I desreved it. Thank you for being my mom.

3. Rarely does a day go by that I don't regret not knowing what I wanted with you. For not being my best me when I told you I loved you, for not being more honest with myself so I could be more honest with you. I wish we could go back to the month that you went home, and we could just be friends; maybe things would've worked out differently if I'd had intentions of only being your friend first. We can't change the past and I know that, so I'm grateful you're still here. Thank you for being my friend still. Thank you for being endlessly patient with me.

4. You are my person. Whether you like it or not. Ya know, everyone said after you left I'd never hear from you again; thank you for proving them wrong. I held my breath waiting for that first phone call, and I instantly feel better when I see you're calling these days. You've solved every problem I've ever given you and answered every question I've ever asked. You're the first person I call when I'm frustrated/mad/sad/excited/confused/passed out or drugged up....I call you, and you always fix me. I miss you buddy.

5. Only when reflecting on people in my life do I even think about you anymore. You were my first. I fell in love with you, and in all honesty I've yet to find someone that makes me feel like you did. You had my heart. It took a long time but I finally feel like me again, the one that doesn't need you. But I do wish you all the best, you'll always have a piece of my heart. Knowing you and your family made me a better person.

6. I know Heavenly Father answers my prayers, I'd never been so ernestly seeking an answer than I was the night I prayed about why I felt like I was supposed to know you. Thinking about that night, to this day I can still hear that answer. It's an answer I don't feel the need to question. What I do question is if you felt it at all too. I feel like I'm at a standstill in my life waiting to know the answer to this question. Too bad you don't seem to have enough time to let me know whether or not I'm wasting mine.

7.You brought out the very worst in me and I'm so thankful I was finally able to get you out of my life. I could not be paid all the money in the world to relive what I went through with you. I thought I could help you, and all you did was break me.

8. I'm not sure why we aren't friends anymore...I think we were both just too stubborn to apologize, and that seemed to cost us our friendship. My best experience in the temple was with you. My best summer was with you. My best shopping sprees were with you. I became my best me because of you. I miss seeing you be your best too. And I learned so much about the gospel from sharing it with you. If you ever need a friend my door is always open.

9. Man we have some weird history. I can't believe we met on a bus and 5 years later we're still friends. You made sophomore year worth living, and left a huge mark on my life. It's been forever since I've seen you and it never feels like we talk often enough. Hopefully one day we'll get another shot at this thing. But until then thanks for sticking around. 143.

10. Have I told you lately? I know I don't as often as I should. But at the same time I never worry that you won't be there, I know you always will be. Thats just how you are. You my dear are one of a kind like that. I love you.


Thats all folks. I didn't mention alot of people, but the ones I did changed me, helped me, and taught me lessons I couldn't have learned any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment