Sunday, November 14, 2010

The stuff weekends are made of

So this weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time with my older sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and my brother-in-law's mom and sister.
I kind of adore all of these people, so all in all it was a great weekend.
Around this particular group of people I feel the need to be my best self, and typically walk away feeling like I have so many things to fix.
And as expected I now have a list of things to do and change.
But I had the privlege to have a conversation with my brother-in-law's little sister, who I really consider one of my own sisters these days.
In this conversation I got to do the teaching rather than the listening; and if you know me, you know that I'd much rather recieve advice than give it...I always feel like I have more to learn than whomever else I'm talking to. On any account, I had the blesing of being the teacher this go around. And boy am I grateful for that experience, I learned so much about her, the spirit, and myself. I know the spirit guided that conversation because I can't honestly say that what we were talking about was something I'd ever even thought about before. And for some reason she needed to hear what was said, and I just got lucky enough to be the person to talk to her about it.
I now have a reaffirmed faith that Heavenly Father gives us what we need, when we need it.
I'm grateful I was able to give back even just a little bit to this family. A few years back it was this family that Heavenly Father sent to me...granted my sister got a husband out of our relationshop with them, but I still like to think that He knew I needed them too. They set an example for me and helped me remember who I could be. I love them for that.
Anyways last night I also got to talk to one of my best friends...he's such a dork, but he always makes me feel better. I really just got lucky to know the people I do, and even luckier to be related to the people in my family.
More and more lately I've been realizing that God remembers me everyday...and He lets me know it too. I have alot to be grateful for.
I need to remember that more often.
Well thats about all I've got for now.
Not so excited to get back to my real life this week, but only one more week till Thanksgiving,
I'm counting down the days.
I love the holidays!
Excited :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment